Here is list of the best tips to make your WordPress Website run the best.
- Make sure you running the latest wordpress release (you should be doing this for security reasons anyway)
- Use a caching plugin (W3 Total Cache or Quick Cache)
- Optimize and Repair your Database from myPhpAdmin or with a plug in
- Make sure you keep your images sizes as small as possible
- Use good hosting
- Don’t use more plugins than you need
- Use a lighter theme if possible
- Keep page sizes as small as possible
- Use gzip compression (plugin or .htaccess
- Kill spam comment (plugin or .htaccess
WordPress is a great platform for your website or blog but does require more server resources than traditional html based websites.