The following Search Engine Optimization tips will make your website more visible and receive a higher ranking with search engines.
- Content is king, so be sure to have good, well-written and unique content that will focus on your primary keyword or keyword phrase
- Be sure you have a unique, keyword focused Title tag on every page of your site.
- Fresh content can help improve your rankings. Add new content to your pages on a regular basis.
- Focus on search phrases, not single keywords.
- Don’t use Java script drop down menus.
- Frames, Flash and AJAX are not SEO friendly.
- Use keywords and keyword phrases appropriately in text links, image ALT attributes and even your domain name.
- Search engines want natural language content. Don’t try to stuff your text with keywords.
- Search engines like unique content that is also quality content. There can be a difference between unique content and quality content. Make sure your content is both.
- Optimize the text in your RSS feed just like you should with your posts and web pages. Use descriptive, keyword rich text in your title and description.
- Use the words “image” or “picture” in your photo ALT descriptions and captions. A lot of searches are for a keyword plus one of those words.
- Make sure your site is easy to use. This can influence your link building ability and popularity and, thus, your ranking.
Follow these tips will definitely help make your website rise in search engine rankings.